BOOK REVIEW: Exam Ref 70-762 Developing SQL Databases
Title: Developing SQL Databases Exam Ref 70-762
Authors: Louis Davidson, Stacia Varga
Publication Date: January 2017
Publication House: Published with the authorization of Microsoft Corporation by: Pearson Education, Inc.
About Authors: Louis Davidson is in IT industry for over 14 years as a corporate database developer and architect. Stacia Varga is a mentor, consultant, educator and author specializing in business intelligence.
The Book Format:
- Table of content
Chapters of book:
Design and implement database objects : This chapter focuses on design and implementation of indexes, views, and a relational database schema. This chapter also focus on columnstore indexes.
Implement programmability objects : This chapter explains how to create stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions. This chapter also focus on data integrity with constraints.
Manage database concurrency : This chapter focuses on implementation of transactions, memory optimized tables and native stored procedures. This chapter explains how to manage isolation levels. This chapter also focus on optimizing concurrency and locking behavior.
Optimize database objects and SQL infrastructure : This chapter focuses on analyzing and troubleshooting query plans. This chapter explains how to manage performance for database instances. This chapter also focus on monitor operating system and SQL Server performance metrics.
- Query Store is a new feature in SQL Server 2016.
- This book is prepared for Microsoft Exam 70-762 of SQL Server 2016.
- This book explains how to create various types of database objects, such as views, indexes, disk-based and memory-optimized tables, and stored procedures. This book also helps you to understand how to manage database concurrency by assigning isolation levels, using transactions, and troubleshooting locking behavior.
- In this book, all the topics contain a simple example.
- This book covers every major topic but I have one issue with this book that is it does not cover every exam question.
- Overall this book is very good. I still refer this book for quick answers.
Keep visiting my site ask2tech.com for upcoming top technical article